Saturday, March 8, 2008

What Do You Believe?

I woke up this morning with the words from a Brooks and Dunn song in my head. I didn't know the title, but I assumed it was "I Believe". So, a bit later to iTunes I went to spend my $.99. After doing the search, I didn't find it, but I found 150 results, including an old Don Williams song that was popular on country radio when I was in high school. Yes, I dropped $.99 on it, and did another search.

The song I had been singing in my head is simply titled Believe.

As I worked on email and cleaning my office I listened to my two new purchases. The Brooks and Dunn song has a very gospel message and sound, and the Don Williams tune is a love ballad.

Both have me thinking about believing.

The Don Williams song is a series of statements of things he doesn't believe (right is right and left wrong, that north and south can get along is one lyrical pair), then he closes with a chorus of things he does believe in (including love, babies, Mom and Dad, and eventually the person he is singing to).

All of this has me thinking about what we believe in, and how impacts us as professionals and leaders.

What are the things you believe in most deeply?

How do those beliefs impact your daily actions and behaviors?

Are you living in alignment with those beliefs? (If not, can you be surprised if there is significant stress in your life?)

Yesterday when completing a proposal, I wrote about some of our beliefs and philosophies as a company. Communicating them was important - it will help the potential Client decide if we are the right fit for them or not.

What do you believe?

And how are you putting those beliefs into action each day?

These are powerful questions for all of us.

1 comment:

  1. Yes it is really power full question for all of us that lets grab the thinking of customer/client and whenever they think about vendor first they directly think for us like post’s author thought about Brooks and Dunn’s song.

    ReplyDelete